Regression and inference
Readings due before class on Monday, September 9, 2019
- Chapter 2 in Mastering ’MetricsJoshua D. Angrist and Jörn-Steffen Pischke, Mastering ’Metrics: The Path from Cause to Effect (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2015).
- “Properties of regression” in Causal Inference: The MixtapeScott Cunningham, Causal Inference: The Mixtape, 2018, https://www.scunning.com/mixtape.html.
Look through your notes on regression from your last stats class. Also, you can skim through these resources:
- 6.1–6.4 in ModernDiveChester Ismay and Albert Y. Kim, ModernDive: An Introduction to Statistical and Data Sciences via R, 2018, https://moderndive.com/.
- 7.1–7.4 in ModernDiveIbid.
- 7.1–7.3 in OpenIntro StatisticsDavid M. Diez, Christopher D. Barr, and Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel, OpenIntro Statistics, 3rd ed., 2017, https://www.openintro.org/stat/textbook.php?stat_book=os.
- 8.1 in OpenIntro StatisticsIbid.
We’ll review all this regression stuff in class, so don’t panic if this all looks terrifying! Also, take advantage of the videos that accompany the OpenIntro chapters. And also, the OpenIntro chapters are heavier on the math—don’t worry if you don’t understand everything.